What is a Brazilian butt lift?
A Brazilian butt lift is a specialized fat transfer procedure that augments the size and shape of the buttocks without implants. Excess fat is removed from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs with liposuction, and a portion of this fat is then strategically injected into the buttocks.
A skilled cosmetic surgeon can improve the proportions of the entire lower body with Brazilian butt lift surgery, helping a patient lose fat in common “problem areas” and enhance the buttocks, with results lasting many years.
Continue reading to learn more about this increasingly popular procedure:
Why have a Brazilian butt lift?
The shape and proportion of a person’s buttocks are largely determined by genetics; both your skeletal structure and how your body stores fat influence the appearance of the lower body. A healthy diet and exercise can work to achieve a healthy body weight and tone the muscles, but many patients remain unhappy with a “flat” buttocks that lacks shape, despite a healthy lifestyle.
Brazilian butt lift surgery can help overcome the effects of genetics by reshaping the buttocks and surrounding areas, such as the hips, lower back, and thighs. You might consider a Brazilian butt lift to:
- Enhance the curves of your lower body
- Reduce fat pockets on your hips, thighs or belly while adding fullness to the buttocks
- Help clothing fit more attractively
- Give a more youthful, aesthetically pleasing shape to flat buttocks
- Enhance your overall proportions by improving balance between your upper and lower body